The performance was held on the 7th of November 2018.
The Golden Bridge was closed for pedestrians since 2015. A thought came up that if it is necessary to be a vehicle to cross the bridge, shall we become one.
We attempted to pass bridge's roadway by step dressed in a cardboard bus suit but eventually were stopped by a local guard who told us to head back. The video recorded by a driver went viral through local medias and social networks. All this raised a dispute upon the prohibition of walking on the bridge giving a new branch of discussion on the topic among Vladivostok's citizens.
During a few weeks the news spread across regional medias to federal ones. First appeared in RIA Novosti, it went to popular news and entertainment communities in social networks and eventually got into the biggest Russian media including Rossiya, Mir24, NTV, Ren-TV and Channel One as well as popular news websites such as Rossiyskaya Gazeta, Izvestiya, Life, Lenta, Meduza, Afisha etc.
Under the pressure of media, the police and bridge guards declared that we hadn't broken any law, and the city government decided not to comment neither on the issue nor people's reaction. After that, the news about the performance spread to the global media such as the Sun, the Guardian, Euronews, RT, ANN, CBS, FOX 47 etc.
TV news compilation: https://youtu.be/pVkGP7EwI00
Video documentation: https://youtu.be/tjoezdd2L2Q
Publications in media:
- PrimaMedia (RUS): https://primamedia.ru/news/758074/
- RIA Novosti (RUS): https://ria.ru/20181113/1532656200.html
- Meduza (RUS): https://meduza.io/shapito/2018/11/13/zhiteli-vladivostoka-prikinulis-chtoby-peresech-zolotoy-most-na-nego-tri-goda-ne-puskayut-peshehodov
- The Sun: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7734285/bus-golden-bridge-vladivostok-russia/
- The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2018/nov/14/eight-legged-bus-caught-cross-vehicle-bridge-russia-video
- Esquire (RUS), the top most 30 questionable event of the year: https://esquire.ru/articles/77812-top-50-somnitelnyh-dostizheniy-goda/#part4